Regional winner - ANZ Flying Start Business Plan Competition 2013
Finalist - New Zealand Trade and Enterprise: Focus on Health Challenge. 2009
Winner - MidCentral District Health Award for Innovation. 2008
- The community pharmacy- based anticoagulation management service achieves a consistently high standard of anticoagulant care. New Zealand Medical Journal
- An audit of anticoagulant management to assess anticoagulant control using decision support software BMJ Open -
- CPAMS An evaluation of a collaborative model of care in NZ International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- CPAMS Attitudes towards a new collaborative model of care in primary care International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Improved anticoagulant control in patients using home international normalized ratio testing and decision support provided through the internet Internal Medicine Journal
- A proposed model for an internet-based computerised anticoagulant monitoring service Health Care & Informatics Review Online
INR Online was developed by Dr Paul Harper, Specialist Haematologist and his son, Joe Harper, software developer.
is a Consultant Haematologist at Palmerston North Hospital who has a particular interest in disorders of bleeding and clotting. He has carried out research at Cambridge University, UK into the inherited causes of blood clots and also done research in the US, Australia and New Zealand.
He has previously been
- Clinical Lecturer in Molecular Medicine at The University of Auckland
- Consultant Haematologist at Auckland Hospital
- Senior Clinical Lecturer at University of Auckland
- Consultant Haematologist, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- Editorial Board at Journal "Thrombus
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer at University of Cambridge
- Staff specialist at Westmead Hospital
- Intermediate Fellow of the British Heart Foundation
Is a Massey University Bachelor of Information Sciences graduate.
He previously developed internal systems to monitor the performance of help desk functions at Telecom.
He programmes in C, C++, C#, PHP, Java and ActionScript
He began computer programming at an early age, making small games and websites.
He now runs a highly successful software company, GamesMouse.
Software development and help desk support is provided by Firecrest systems.